Calendar Girls blog hop - Festival of sleep day

Welcome to ourJanuary Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Its absolutely amazing when you do a google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occassions throughout the yea!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "January you start the year out fine".

The hop starts with Edwina at http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/. You won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! 

The line-up for January includes:
Vicky - http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/ - You are here


January Occassions We Wish to Share:
Hot Tea Month - Edwina
National Oatmeal Month - Miriam
National Soup Month 
3 Festival of Sleep Day - Vicky
3 Fruitcake Toss Day
5 National Bird Day - Lucy
6 Cuddle Up Day - Janet
8 Bubble Bath Day - Kimberly
11 Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day -
12 National Pharmacist Day: Lynne
14 Dress Up Your Pet Day: Anita
15 National Hat Day: Jearise
17 Ditch New Years Resolutions Day: Tabetha
18 Winnie the Pooh Day -The Birthday of Winnie's author A.A. Milne: Lynne
20 Penguin Awareness Day:Anita
21 National Hugging Day: Jearise
21 Squirrel Appreciation Day- Tabetha
23 National Pie Day - Miriam
27 Chocolate Cake Day - Lucy
28 National Kazoo Day
29 National Puzzle Day: Lucy
29 National Cornchip Day -Janet
31 Backward Day

For my card I chose an image from all the ones that I had that comes from Opal manor and can be found here, it's free.  I just thought it was soooo cute!
I used paper from Bazzill Basics - Grandma's Feather bed (perfect for this sleep card right?!?).  I added a recollection flower, some brad, bling, charm and ribbon from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics.
Here's the sentiment from Create with TLC  I think it goes perfectly with this image!!!



We have a super sponsor this month - The Stamping Chef, who has graciously offered 3 digis of the lucky winners choice who comment on the Design Team Blog at The Stamping Chef and becomes a follower.  BTW you will love what you see there... the digis are awesome and there are freebies every Friday!  So being a follower will be a great thing for you!

This was the last stop of the line ;). Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on February 9, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes
  2. Lexis creations - Anything goes
  3. Inky impressions challenges - Add a sentiment
  4. Paper pretties blog - brads (there's a brad in the middle of my flower)
Hope you have a fabulous Saturday!  I'm sooo happy the weekend is here and I get to craft!!!! Ohhh and a HUGE hello to my new follower Heather!!! ;)  So happy when I see a new face in that list!

Hugs

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Vicky, This is so cute. That is a great digi for Festival of Sleep day. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for not being here in awhile. Everything is backing up on me but I was just over at Delightful Challenges checking on the winners and saw you had won so I wanted to come over and congratulate you. Hope you are well.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ever apologize lol we are all busy and I don't get to visit all your post either. Thanks for the heads up for Delightful challenge ;)

      Delete
  3. What a great card my friend!!!! I love the sentiment as I love to stay in bed on rainy days and just listen to the rain!!!!! Its a pleasure hopping with you!!!
    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne Kirsch

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable.........love the image with that sentiment.
    Thank you.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to celebrate a sleepy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Vicky and congratulations on your win at Delightful Challenges...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, your card for Lexi's Creations is wonderful! Love the gorgeous bow with the charm and the fabulous image and sentiment.. thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Vicky
    I love the colors
    Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. So pretty and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a great card. I love the coloring and the great paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Vicky and you are one busy lady. I had to go a lot of cards before finding our hop but it was worth it because I enjoyed looking at the other cards you have made. Great job on all of them. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great layout. Love the colors.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!!
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway