Morning glories

Good afternoon everyone!  I'm really happy to post a little card that I did this afternoon!  I was really upset this morning while I was doing my cleaning routine... The kids and my hubby were at the dentist... and I was picking up all their stuff from all over the house...

So when they showed up I sat everyone down and told them that I was not the maid... and that if they didn't take care of their stuff I was going to put it in bags and give it away... I've had it... and the list included not just the kids but the biggest one of them all as well my hubby...

Soooo I really needed this craft time this afternoon.

I saw a wonderful sketch that I wanted to try as well as a new technique which is spotlighting... never done a card with that before.  I also always need some general B-day card so this was a great occasion to do one ;)  I used the wonderful digi Morning glories from Sweet and Sassy!
For my card I used paper from Lilybee design - Buttercup that I purchased at McMahon Design.  I used my Classic rectangle small, Classic rectangle large, standard classic circle small, Standard Classic circle large and Long classic rectangle all from Spellbinder.  The border punch used is from EK.  I added a ribbon from my stash.  I also added some Robin's nest dew drops looooove those so much.  I had to stitch some badge on my daughter's scout uniform... so I kept the sewing machine out and stitched all around the card as well as the panel.

Here's the digi that I colored partly with my copics ;)
And here's the wonderful sentiment from Create with TLC.


I followed this sketch:
SSS193

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Sweet stop sketches - Sketch (and I used my sweet and sassy digi)
  2. My time to craft challenge - spotlight technique (sooo glad I saw this post and tried out this technique)
  3. 2 sisters challenge blog - Celebrations (Birthday)
  4. All sorts challenge - Dies and punches
  5. Catch the bug blog - Birthdays
  6. Dis digi designs challenge - Try something new (the spotlight technique never used it before!)
  7. Wags n whiskers rubberstamps - Celebrations (birthday)
  8. Charisma cardz - Birthday card (celebrating their 4th b-day!!!  Happy birthday ;) )
  9. Loves rubberstamps challenges - use dies or punchies ( I used both)
  10. Whoopsi daisy  - Use dies and punches (done ;) )
Hope your Saturday has been good!  I'm off for some more creating ;)  I'm really ahead for my DT work.  Just love that this way I'm not stressed about missing a deadline... it's never happen and I really hope it doesn't .  Don't  forget to leave me a comment I really love reading them!d

Hugs

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Very pretty! Love that technique, but I still have to give it a try...someday. Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Celebration at Charisma. Good luck in the challenge!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spotlighting technique with this pretty flower image, Vicky! Beautiful papers and colors, too! I'm glad to hear my DH is not the only one who leaves a messy trail behind! LOL! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! This looks like a really fun technique I will need to try! Great colors and layout. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used the spotlight technique with this - it turned out so pretty! LOL - your house sounds like mine! Glad you were able to get some crafty de-stressing time :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective spotlight on that lovely Morning Glory image Vicky.

    Thanks so much your sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sketch and the fabulous paper. Your spotlight technique is so great, really pops the image up there. LOl on telling the family how it is, I hope that is working out for you. My rampages seem to fall on deaf ears, lol. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique on this card and beautifully composed. Thanks for joining us at Di's digi downloads this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spotlighted flower looks wonderful and you've done a brilliant job with our sketch. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Vicky, you have really captured the spotlight technique on this image. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at MTTC this week and for trying out this new technique.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing way of doing your colouring - highlighting a part of it like this. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great technique. I will have to try this out...Good for you to get some crafting time in and it not be a DT card. Great job my friend. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty image, just love the image you have used looks fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card and I love the highlighting technique you have used.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz in our birthday celebration.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, this is fabulous! Such a great technique, beautifully designed. I will need to try this too...! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x p.s i am with you on the cleaning up after everyone... drives me mad xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOH ! that's so pretty - thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog for our BIRTHDAY BASH challenge. Good luck in the draw!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card. Lovely use of the hotspot technique. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway