The East Wind Challenge - Spring in her step

Hello everyone!  It's time for a new challenge over at The East wind and this time around it's about spring.  I don't know if you are like me but I'm very much looking forward to spring finally being there!

I have recently discovered mixed media due to my friend Bonnie!  She makes such fabulous art and I wanted to try it out.  This is what I made with the great image Twisted venus Hairnest.  She really reminds me of spring with the little birds coming out to play and nest!


I made the background using some distress paint (Ripe persimmon, peacock, Mowed lawn)  and my fingers!!!  I hadn't done that in forever!  I added a bunch for prima flowers and some bling for the center. I have used my Label 14 from Spellbinder and my large circle from Spellbinder.  I used some Tim Holtz stamps in gathered twig distress ink.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC
I'm entering this little mixed media piece in the following challenges:

  1. Catch the bug blog - Spring into spring
  2. Fairy tale-challenge blog - Flower power
  3. Wags n whiskers rubberstamps - Ready for spring
  4. Rubys rainbow- Anything but a card
This is the 1st post of today!  I will have more today... Hope you will come back for it :)

Comments

  1. Fabulous book, thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow, hope to see you again hugs Shaz DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in on our March Theme "Spring" Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us! I hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and image. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card. Love the background work. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made such a lovely project. This is really so pritty and I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge.
    XX Bianca

    PS.: Today our new challenge started and we have a lovely little blog hop too. We would be happy if you like to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10