Giving Christmas cards new life

Hello everyone!  I don't know for you but in my case I really hate to waste.  And the Christmas cards that I get but that are not handmade used to go to the recycling because let's be honest you can't keep EVERYTHING....

Now that I do some junk journal I could use them for that but I much prefer getting ahead of the game and make some new Christmas cards out of them.  So I wanted to share with you what I did with mine.  

I have made a video of the process that you can see here

And here is the look of the cards that were done!  I managed to make 11 out of 3 cards and within an hour.  That is pretty fast when usually when I color an image and all just for the coloring it will take me up to an hour...


I hope this will inspire you to use up your cards in a similar way instead of sending them to the recycling.

I'm entering those cards in the following challenges:
  1. A bit more time to craft - Anything goes
  2. Christmas cards all year round - Snowflake - there's many that do have snowflake on them.
  3. Crafty hazelnuts christmas challenge Extra - Anything goes Christmas
  4. Crafty hazelnuts christmas challenge - Anything goes Christmas
  5. 12 months of christmas link up - Out with the old and in wiht the new - I could say it's out with the old Christmas cards and in with the new... but don't think it would work so out with the old Christmas cards and packaging and new is the snowflakes stickers that I used and the word stickers that were part of a purchase just before Christmas.
That's it for me for today.  Hope you like this and have a wonderful creative day!

Hugs



Comments

  1. Such a nice selection of recycled cards! Nicely done...thanks for sharing them with us at CCAYR! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job upcycling your card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty HazelNut's Christmas extra challenge.
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea to recycle premade Christmas cards and turn them into cute and festive smaller ones. You're right, shipping costs are way too high when you send cards overseas. Thank you for playing along with us at CCAYR.
    Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at the 12 months of Christmas cards link up and A Bit More Time to craft. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying your video vm. Do you Know what brand the die set is? The tag shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the corner punch you used on the first card in this video. What brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kari. You can find it here http://amzn.to/2Gm6W49 it's from we are memory keepers. They no longer have them in yellow..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10